We are slowly retiring a TeamSite 4.5 server. Today a couple of our remaining users found that an OS software update broke their ability to edit DCRs. My machine is also broken since I upgraded id to use with TS 6.7.1 SP1. I suspect that is is an issue with the JRE version but can not conclude that this is the only cause. Even when I uninstall all IW products and reinstall TST.exe (TSTP.exe) and the Launch Pad for TeamSite 4.5 It doesn't work. I get a java applet that lets me edit the DCR editor but the "nice" web page that the business wants is not there and as a result VFE is not available. I see in the Java console that there are errors like "Netscape security no longer supported upgrade to Java2". On of the boxes where things still work there are no errors - yet the JRE version is 1.5.Does anybody know how to trouble shoot this old version of TeamSite? Do we know what version of java the clients were required to have when using TS 4.5?Thank you.
Wow 4.5! There's a blast from the past.I don't believe it was VFE in those days - I think it was "rtf" - but I no longer remember whether it was implemented with a client-side java application. If it was, you may need to either completely uninstall the client side VFE from your desktop, or find a desktop which hasn't been used with a newer version of TS and see if you can still get it to work there.That being said, the browsers are obviously different than when 4.5 was released and it is quite possible that no current browser version will interface correctly with the code that was supposed to provide RTF functionality back then.I think you're best bet is to declare your 4.5 system "dead" from a users perspective, Do a fresh install of 6.x (at this point you might as well jump all the way to 6.7.2) on a new server, and then retrofit/upgrade all your customizations. This sounds like an interesting project .... could even be fun ...(FYI - the copyright on the 4.5 manuals is 2000)