Hi All,I have a application running on Livesite using external database and deployed on Live server with Livesite runtime. I want to add a new feature in application that bascailly for external users. I want to external users to add the content let say news, atrtical etc direct through the application and later on should save in the database.My Questions:-If the external user adding the content then how the livesite get notifyied that new content recieved.How the new content interact with the livesite data models(DCT) i..e save in the new content let say "news" and will be saved in news data type.Suggestions/ideas/questions will be appreciated.Can anybody also tell me about livesite runtime role on the PROD server or suggest me the document that can explain me about that? Thank you.Regards,AadiWindows 2003 serverTS 6.7.2LS 3.1.0
Hi,Livesite Runtime works as a production repository when you submit a .page file frome site folder in workarea using OOTB workflow (Publsh Livesite content) it goes to the Livesite Runtime folder. The mechanism of Livesite Runtime is like a Production Server that is works on Tomcat Server. All sites which is deployed through workflow is registered here as different site. When you run the runtime its welcome page shows with regiestered sites drop down.If the external user submit the content (DCT) then the corresponding page will be updated according to the component and used datum types.Thanks,
External users are not the Livesite users.. actually they are the registered user within the application. Suppose I open the site http:// www.mycomany.com and here i want let the external registered user to add the content using form with the help of custom apllication code. Now how these conents wud be saved/reviewed in corresponding data type automaticlly.
Hi,If the external user submit the content (DCT) then the corresponding page will be updated according to the component and used datum types. Thanks,
Could you please explain a bit more as what type of components and datum types you are talking about?
Suppose, i had a DCR... authored 20 items related to a product. Can i have 20 different html components, for which content to be extracted from each item individually?
Also, if the content author updated the content in DCR through a DCT, would that makes an auto-update in the component?
I have a application running on Livesite using external database and deployed on Live server with Livesite runtime. I want to add a new feature in application that bascailly for external users. I want to external users to add the content let say news, atrtical etc direct through the application and later on should save in the database.