Show Date & Time in the webtop list

rushikesh.deshpande
edited January 21, 2021 in Documentum #1

Dear Experts,

I am trying to show the date & time in the webtop lists for r_modify_date column for a particular folder, i.e. on doclist_body, objectlist, myfiles, etc. I am using the <dmf:datevalueformatter> tag with type attribute with the values as short/medium/full but it always show only date & never the time part.

Our requirement to show the time part as well, but I don't find any way to achieve it so wrote java code using SimpleDateFormat in the jsp which is working but its showing for all the lists now & I am not convince this is the only way to achieve what we want. Is there any configuration change which will show the time part as well?

If anybody can help, really appreciate it.

Thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• The OOTB Webtop shows r_modify_date shows date with time, so your existing customization must be removing it.

• Thank you for the reply Jonny,

I found that we have customization in the app.xml by defining datetime format, without the timestamp. so when we remove this datetime format tag from app.xml all the dates in the list are showing time as well, but I have requirement for showing time in some of the list & not in other lists. How do I achieve it as there is no way we can give pattern in the datevalueformatter tag is there any way to achieve it?

Also in documents its stated that dateinput control shows day part on the basis of application locale & it will override user local. But our application locale is en_GB but still it shows date in MM/dd/yyyy format. where do we set the user locale?

• 1) You said in your orig post "... I am using the <dmf:datevalueformatter> tag with type attribute with the values as short/medium/full but it always show only date & never the time part." So in the desired components you want to show date, use this to override the default datetime behavior

2) On the OOTB login page, if you click more options, verify that the user is selecting your application locale.