Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
exposing DCT
rajeshpal
Exposing DCT
I am using only teamsite 6.7.2 and templating (including FormAPI) and workflow on windows 2003.
I want to expose few DCT to my end-final-website users/visitors. (these users are not part of teamsite users but they can be register user of website) for data collection.
For example,
I created one DCT with 3 field Name / Address / email and with the help of this DCT I want to collect information from my website visitor.
Is this kind of scenario is possible?
I am ready to do customization if it will work.
-Rajesh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CRB
I am not sure if understand you correctly, but you said that the users arent part of teamsite, meaning they dont have access to teamsite?
1) i dont think you can expose a DCT unless you can log them into teamsite.
2) i am not sure how your network is setup, but teamsite is not accessible as the webservers which are serving web content.
3) you can use CSSDK to acheive what you need, but i think an easier way would be to present the user with an html form to fill out, then deploy (using reverse deployment / script ...) the form back to teamsite and populate a DCR from the data submitted thru the form.
vpatel
I am not sure if this is possible. In any case, what are you going to do with the data that you collect from your end-site-users?
nipper
No you do not want to do this.
Write a little web app, use the post and get to pass the information to you web app.