Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
VFE inserts extra CRs/LFs, and caps html tags
lj1958
I've done some customization (adding our style sheets, etc.) to a new visual format config file (teamsite 6.5, ewebedit pro) that is working nicely so far.
My users really want to be able to place images in VFE and then have the pages write the links to work on our production server.
So far I've figured out one way I could handle this - how to correct the link in the TPL file - actually it is working on a test html file based on the generated page, but theoretically it would work on the generated pages if I can resolve one big issue: VFE is adding carriage returns and line feeds in the actual image tag.
Such as...
IMG title="" [CARRIAGE RETURN][LINE FEED]
src="somepath"
I know I can possibly figure out a regex to fix this on the generated page, but it would be nice to fix VFE so it doesn't break an image tag with CRs and LFs. Also, VFE is capitalizing HTML tags (like img = IMG and p = P), doesn't put quote marks around the border attribute width in the img tag (border=0 instead of border="0") and so on.
I know how to completely remove HTML tags and tag attributes from VFE using the preferences file, but has anyone figured out how to clean up the code in the config files? Other than the Word cleaning, that is.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I'm not sure about all your issues, but you should be able to configure the VFE for being
X
HTML compliant - and that should fix the uppercasing of the element names and the quoting of the attribute values.
preview.png
lj1958
Yeah, I would think that too, but I have the Visual Format config set for XHTML code generation, and I'm still getting the upper case tags.
I think I'm going to try regex in iw_perl to replace all this junk at template generation time. Hopefully I can get that working with the contents of a VFE item just as it does with a non-VFE item.
preview.png