1. I do not think SQL2008 is supported yet. It took a while for 2005 to get supported. & it will likely never be supported on 6.52. Do you mean changing the DB or do you want to move all data from one to another ? Changing to a fresh DB should be pretty easy. Update jmsconfignew.xml and run the appropriate SQL to build the DB tables needed. They are in iwhome/eventsubsystem/conf/dllOne would think you could move the DB from one server to another but I do not know anything about thatHTHme
If you lose the data then search may not be accurate. Not a huge loss, but a pain nevertheless.I have no idea about trying 2008. The JDBC drivers changed from 2000 to 2005 and I would imagine they changed again (knowing MS). But if the drivers are identical and the SQL works you can try it. You are correct you will not break anything. Worst case you put the 2005 config back.