Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Special Characters in DCR (UPDATED)
Bunty
Hi,
While creating a DCR if I put special characters like "Ö, ä, ö, Ü" in Text Fileds.... After saving the record. on reopening the same DCR. It gives me
unable_to_parse_dcr - error.
Couldn't parse DCR bytes into DOM [unable_to_parse_dcr ]: Invalid byte 2 of 4-byte UTF-8 sequence
.
How can I make my DCR , UTF-8 enabled to make my DCR editable?
I am working on TeamSite 6.7.1 Service Pack 1
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Emz
Hi,
Can you convert these special characters to a format like & or still better to &#number; etc.
There are a variety of options for this
1) Input using a WYSIWYG editor like TinyMCe, Ektron. These come bundled with teamsite
2) Use formApi / Perl to process and convert these characters.
Regards,
Emz
nipper
How did you create the DCR ? A custom script or new form entry ?
Opeth
Do you mind sharing the encoding value (first line of your DCR)from your DCR? I am able to edit DCR with those special character without any issues.
Bunty
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I have attached my DCR below...
first two lines are as follows...
?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?
DOCTYPE record SYSTEM "dcr4.5.dtd"
Bunty
Hi Nipper,
I have created my DCR using new form entry.
nipper
create a new DCR and post it as well.
Which field is the one failing ?