Hi All,We have a requirement where we need to import a folder structure(containing images) from a shared folder location into MediaBin. Can someone please let me know on how a custom task can be called from MediaBin for achieving this. A sample code will be helpful.
This task does not require any custom task. ,You can achieve it by two ways
If you want to implement only one time
Drag and drop using windows client
Configure the Hot folder with the shared folder in the
File system and the folder structure in MediaBin
Thanks
Vin
Thanx a lot for your response.The exact requirement is as follows:I have a Zip folder and an XML file placed at a shared location. The Zip contains the folder structure(containing images) which I need to unzip and then place the images based on the folder structure given in an XML file (containing the image id,source location of image,destination location where the image needs to be placed) in MediaBin.Whenever the zip folder is updated, I need to import the images into MediaBin.Can you please suggest me how can this be achieved...
First ,I will recommend to read manuals to understand hotfolder structure . I guess , there is no tools available withMB for updating the folder / asset based on the file list / xml file update.
But , if I am in your situation , I will do the following
-Vin
Thanks a lot for the approach suggested by you... I have one more query.I will also receive an xml (after sometime) on the shared folder location which will contain the asset id and the status of those assets (whether they have been approved or rejected by an external system).I need to parse this xml on the shared folder and set the status of respective assets in MediaBin folder to the respective values i.e.Approved or Rejected.How can this be achieved?
If I understand your question ,
"you want to set the metadata value to be Approved or Rejected for the assets based on the values from an xml list ? correct ??
Yes... thats correct.That is my requirement...
We implemented this for many customer for asset ingestlike reading metadata value from the excel or file list and setting the values to the assets
It can be achieved by using the API’s provided by MediaBinOr you can contact the Support , they can help you.