All, I have the following code: [html] <br> my $vpath = "film/filmabouttabtest";<br> </iw_perl><br> <p>My file name: <iw_value name="$fileName"/><br> </p><br> <iw_ostream file="film/filmabouttabtest/about.incl"><br> <p>What are you on about?</p><br> </iw_ostream><br> </iw_then><br> </iw_if><br> </iw_iterate><br></iw_pt><br>[/html]<br><br>I want to build that path for the ostream dynamically. Something like this: <br><br>[html]<br>pathname = <iw_value name="$vpath"/> + <iw_value name="tab.tabName"/> + <iw_value name="count"/> +".incl";<br>[/html]<br><br>What's holding me up is I can't figure out how to get that "count" var into perl (short of doing the whole iteration in perl) or how to concatenate the iw_value values. <br><br>Suggestions are most welcome. <br><br>Thanks, <br>Eric</TD></TR></TABLE></BLOCKQUOTE>
All, I have the following code: [html] <br> my $vpath = "film/filmabouttabtest";<br> </iw_perl><br> <p>My file name: <iw_value name="$fileName"/><br> </p><br> <iw_ostream file="film/filmabouttabtest/about.incl"><br> <p>What are you on about?</p><br> </iw_ostream><br> </iw_then><br> </iw_if><br> </iw_iterate><br></iw_pt>[/html]I want to build that path for the ostream dynamically. Something like this:[html]pathname = <iw_value name="$vpath"/> + <iw_value name="tab.tabName"/> + <iw_value name="count"/> +".incl";[/html]What's holding me up is I can't figure out how to get that "count" var into perl (short of doing the whole iteration in perl) or how to concatenate the iw_value values. <br><br>Suggestions are most welcome. <br><br>Thanks, <br>Eric</TD></TR></TABLE></BLOCKQUOTE>The first suggestion is that you learn how to format posts containing XML/HTML code and use <b>Preview Post</b> to verify that the post looks the way you expect it before submitting it.<br><br>If you're comfortable with Perl - do the whole thing in Perl and forget about the XML stuff (outside of the <<x>iw_perl>...<<x>/iw_perl> tags) - you can use standard Perl I/O in place of iw_ostream.<br><br>If you're not comfortable with doing the whole thing in Perl then you can certainly concatenate a series of strings into a single string variable and then use that variable in the iw_ostream call. If you look at the documentation for iw_iterate it should be fairly apparent how to access the iteration variable for your purposes.