Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Mediabin unix/windows hotfolder issue
thatfish
Mediabin hotfolders work for subfolders when used directly on the Mediabin server. However, I've a hotfolder setup to a folder mounted (via CIFS) to a 'unix' filesystem. For files dropped directly into this folder mediabin hotfolder tasks behave correctly, however, once subfolders are used mediabin fails to detect the files being created in the subfolder.
Workarounds I've tried:-
* setup a windows xcopy batch script to move files to another hotfolder. This is largely successful but not 100%.
* Using the Windows Explorer interface physically move files into the hot folder. This is 100% successful.
I'm no Windows/filesystem expert but I'm guessing this is to do with the Windows CIFS being unable to capture the File Change Notification in subfolders of the hot folder on the 'unix' file system. So is a Network/CIFS issue and not Mediabin issue.
Has anyone got hotfolders (with subfolders) working on mounted unix system ?
Has anyone come across issues similar to the above ?
My current solution is write an app to do what the hotfolders are meant to do. Frustrating when this is out the box functionality for Mediabin.
Thanks in advance
Mediabin 4.6.1 SP1
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet