Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
XSLT presentation template parameters
md11
My XSLT presentation template needs to read the datacapture.cfg file that was used to create the DCRs. I am using the XSLT document function to do this, but so far I have only been able to get this to work using an absolute filepath which means that my code is not workarea-independent. Ideally I would like to be able to pass the current workarea to the XSLT script via a parameter but I cannot figure out how to do that using the iwov_xslt element in the TPL file. Can anyone offer advice on how to pass parameters using iwov_xslt, or how to access the current workarea from within an XSLT presentation template?
Thanks
Teamsite 6.7.1. on Solaris
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kalai
Yes. We can get the workarea path using the custom Java code. Refer the XSLT document for more info.
Thanks and Regarsd
Kalai
Firenze
You mention TPL file in your post but I assume you mean XSL File.
In any event, a couple of thoughts.
I have found that path to be relative to the path of the XSL file.
Store the path of the DCT in your DCR, then you already have the path in the XML Document.
You could write all the configuration settings to a know path config file that can be read at transformation time.
In our case, we had some other needs that drove us to call the Xalan processor directly and in that case you can just pass parameters to XSLT processor using standard XSL terminology.
I have not looked into the URL method that does the XSL generation, possibly that already supports parameter passing in the query string or something.