Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Synchronise with Active Directory
RussWilmott
Our customer is running Worksite 8.1 and is unable to update user data by running Synchronize... in DBAdmin. No error occurs but the fields do not update.
So to test this, I setup a new database on out Worksite 8.4 server. I logged into LDAP to add new users and it retrieved the fields from Active Directory for each user.
I then added a Telephone Number on the user 'test' in Active Directory and checked that it had propagated to both our Domain Controllers and waited 15 mins before returning to DBAdmin and running Sychronize... on the user.
It does not update the corresponding Worksite field.
Also, it appears that, although the Synchronize... command is on the user dialogue, when run, it attempts to synchronise all the users. I assume this because on a database with 5 users it runs instantly but on a database with 100 users it takes a lot longer.
Please see attached screen shot after the Sychronize.. command has been run. Note that a Telephone Number of the user Test has not been extracted from Active Directory.
Can you please explain how I can resolve this problem.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
DaleN
Hi Russ, the DBAdmin utility doesn't support synchronising with Active Directory. To do that you will need to install and configure the Directory Synchronisation Utility which should be documented in your Server Administration manual.