Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Automatically feed search criteria when the dialog is opened
dumb
I have tried the dialog element in my DCT and was able to browse into Mediabin and select the asset I would like to include.
But since my MediaBin contains not only images but other assets as well, I would like to make only the images available through this element. I could not find any topic around this in the documentation, support site or in this forum. Is there someone out there that have implemented this feature or know how to do it?
Any help is appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
cliff1
There isn't any sort of declarative filter that you can configure in TeamSite to exclude items (or conversely, include). The "standard" ways that people have tackled this are:
1. Do nothing. End users are generally smart enough not to pick a .doc file to import when they really want an image. Users are use to picking the items they want from items they don't want. Also, you can have them use the Search tab in the dialog to quickly locate relevant content. If you are more worried about removing the clutter during browse so people only see relevant stuff, this obviously won't help.
2. Have a MediaBin approval process that promotes assets that are approved/available for use in TeamSite into a different directory structure. I believe this can be accomplished with MediaBin links so you don't duplicate the asset. Many customers choose this approach because they want some control to isolate the "work in progress" and "internal use only" stuff from items available as web collateral.
3. If you are using a MediaBin proxy user in TeamSite such that all TeamSite users browsing into MediaBin with the same credentials, you can set permissions in MediaBin to exclude the items that you don't want to be seen. I believe MediaBin controls permissions at the folder level, so you would need to isolate your documents into folders instead of commingling with the digital assets.
4. Similar to #3, but use the ceiling and floor parameters in the dialog to control the boundaries of where the user can browse. This again assumes you can segregate the digital and non-digital assets in some meaningful way.
There is a feature request to add the capability to control the list of assets displayed in the browse dialog by regex or metadata filter. This feature is not currently planned for any of the near term releases (out competed by other items). The only reason I mention this at all is to let you know that it's on the radar.
Caveat: I'm more of a TeamSite expert than MediaBin, so please double check the correctness of any MediaBin claims I made above (linking, folder permissions).
I hope this helps a bit,
Cliff