I have just started getting training on Interwoven products and was advised to join this forum.I've basic questions about TeamSite architecture. I am provided with manuals, but can not understand it clearly.
Can someone pls explain me following Qs 1) which request from the client is directed to iwproxy and which one is directed to servlet engine ?2) whats the difference between TS shared drive and content store (Is it like one is encrypted and second is real ) ?3) Once request is in shared drive, how is the data retrieved from content store ? as per diagram IW Server comes in picture. So what does IWServer do here ? What are the processes carried out in IWServer. This part looks very important and is kind of confusing. Pls explain what exactly does this part do ?Thans in advance for answers.
Im in a instructor led training class.But sometimes this instructor does not understand my confusion and his answers does not help me. Most of the times all questions dont come to the mind and later on after couple of classes, questions arise. Thats why, I have to put questions on this forum.So you mean, the GUI pages are rendered by servletd (Tomcat) and that includes standard GUI pages with details of stores , branches and workareas in pages. But if I want to see the details of DCR, then that request goes to iwproxy. 1) If GUI is rendered by iwservletd.exe, then how come that process does not show in task manager ?2) iwteamsite.exe and iwserver.exe are two separate processes in task manager. But in the "services" there is no IWServer and IWteamsite is associated with service name iwserver, while its executable file is iwteamsite.exe. So iwserver.exe is taskmanager is associated with what service in "Services" ?3) Now from iwproxy, request is directed to content web server (Which I guess is IIS) or it goes directly to shared drive. Which request goes to shared drive and which one goes to IIS ? Shared drive provides user organized view of contents. But since this view is already provided in the GUI, why do we need to get that view again ? When a file is selected for viewing from GUI, request goes to iwproxy, which in turn sends request to IIS. Does this IIS server carry physical copy of the file (I dont think so) or it directs the request to iwserver which fetches file from content store ? Why do we need shared drive in the process ? In that sense, why is request not sent directly to iwserver from iwproxy ? As ultimately all the physical copies are in content store and iwserver will process the request. Why bother for IIS and shared drive ?I know that everything has a purpose, I am trying to understand use of different components by checking what happens if that component is not there. Can someone pls explain ?thanks in advance.