Normally I wouldn't do this, but as the original thread was closed before I was able to respond ...
| Ghoti, arn't all code bugs logic issues. Isn't is that someone has miss understood the logic of the program which has brought that bug to life. |
While all logic errors might be bugs, not all bugs are logic errors. (Kind of like how all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares).
| So while you are correct that this is a logic matter and that is no doubt related to the code that I have implemented I was under the impression that forums where designed to share knowledge, and to help teach, not redcuile those who try. |
You think I was ridiculing you? I pointed out the likely logic issue and asked some questions about it - which, apparently from what follows, helped you pinpoint at least some of the issues you need to fix. Is that not sharing knowledge and helping you?
Believe me, I could have ripped your posted code to shreds if I really wanted to - but I didn't. Perhaps you need to rethink your reaction?
The initial task in the workflow the submit tasks now that I think of it this should actually come after the find and replace external tasks so that the files that are changed are then submitted to staging. I guess that this would then remove the +1 version from the workarea and update staging.
Ill review the position of the submit tasks and try again. ... I have now moved the 'Submit to Staging' WF tasks after the tasks that manipulates the file which has now fixed the problem.
|
See - you asked, I responded, you fixed, and hopefully learned something in the process. I fail to see how my initial response - in the
original thread could be considered as ridiculing.