Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Validation on Date Field in Datacapture Form
System
Hi All,
I have a date field in data capture form.
I want the format of date entered here as Month DD, YYYY
Example: May 01, 2002
I convert the date entered here to yyyymmdd, and use it for sorting my press releases.
I want to do validation of the data entered here.
How can I do validation in datacapture to make sure the entered date is in the format Month DD, YYYY?
Thanks,
Ravindra
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
akshathp
I haven't tried it but thought of sharing as how about using this:
<text required="t" maxlength="20" validation-regex="^.* [0-3][0-9],[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]$" />
Hope this helps!
Akshat Pramod Sharma
Interwoven Inc.
Johnny
an item such as this would meet your needs
<text size ="20" maxlength="40" required="t" validation-regex="^\w+\s\d\d\,\s\d\d\d\d$" >
<default>mon dd, yyyy</default>
</text>
i recommend you use a calendar callout, (you can find one on this site). That way the user doesnt have worry about the format, and you can manipulate it in your tpl anyway you like.
<text size ="20" maxlength="40" required="t" validation-regex="^[0-3][0-9]\/[0-1][0-9]\/20[0-9][0-9]$" >
<default>dd/mm/yyyy</default>
<cgi-callout
url="/iw-bin/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/calendar.ipl"
label="Calendar"
window-features="width=200,height=230,resizable=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=no,titlebar=no"/>
</text>
Edited by Johnny on 11/07/02 01:38 PM (server time).
Adam Stoller
For pretty thorough date validation regex - check out
KB 45818
on the Support site.
Granted - it is doing a fully numeric validation - but you could enhance it to use (January|February|...|Jan|Feb|...|Dec) instead of numbers for the first part of the field.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)