Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Basic Sitepublisher Question
System
Hi,
I have a basic Sitepublisher question? What is the difference between Data types and Datums. I believe, we create components using Datums and where do we use Base data types such as TeamSite Asset, Content etc? I haven't come across a scenario where i should Base Data type and hence I'm confused
If possible can anyone provide a scenario where we would use the Base Data Types
Also, Please dont ask me to read the manual carefully, I have done my reading and investigation and I'm a bit confused on this :-)
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
AlexC
I think the Base Data Type question maybe best suited for the TeamSite forum.
The Datums have data types that they represent, those are used to match them up to a value editor during component/page edit. So if something is a color, you will get a color picker, if it's a link you get a link/page selector. Try using the sample datums to see how they work.
Create a new component, go to the Data section and click the Help link for Datum samples, paste a few and then preview the component (you won't see anything yet), click the Set Default Data button and note how your datums are presented for editing.
Hope that helps.
try_tomake.png