Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Newbie: getting started with template creation
mayank
I am total newbie to teamsite and want to get started with template creation. Any pointers?
Thanks in advance!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi,
Just been through the same process.
Couple of pointers -
1. Have a look at FormAPI - this is the only real way for setting defaults, and making items readonly and hidden.
2. If you have replicants, then make sure that the "is-replicant='yes'" value is set for that column in the dbschema file (Note if you generate the dbschema file automatically it doesn't put this in for you, and a data deployment will not work without it)
OB.zip
Adam Stoller
When you say "newbie" - how "newbie" is that?
Have you gone through any of the formal
Interwoven training
?
Have you read through the manuals?
Have you read through the on-line documentation on
presentation templates
and/or
FormAPI
?
Those are the places I'd start -
after the above
I'd suggest playing with the product doing
simple
things first, and then trying out more
complex
things - and it is in this stage that I'd encourage you to take advantage of the
Knowledge Portal
on the
Support
site and the
Tech Notes
on this site as well as these forums.
The more lead-up work you do first, the better results you are likely to have.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
mayank
as newbie as it can get
i did not go through all the manuals, but i have a basic understanding now of how teamsite works.
I was looking for any available books that may help me get up to speed with template creation. Surprisingly, I have come across none.
If you know of any, do let me know.
thanks for your advice, i think its a good starting point.
Adam Stoller
TeamSite Templating is an original product - as such you are unlikely to find general books available for this. On the other hand the manuals and on-line documentation and tutorials do a very good job - and, of course, going through one of our formal training programs is generally recommended - since it provides hands-on work in a test environment and live Q&A where you and the instructor may be able to investigate questions that arise.
Having said that, there is the book: Web Content Management by Russell Nakano (I presume still available through Amazaon if nowhere else) which I believe covers the concepts of TeamSite Templating and other aspects of TeamSite (I don't have my copy handy right now, otherwise I'd give some examples)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)