Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Mediabin Web Client - Unable to Download
JamesSwallow
I'm currently installing a Mediabin 4.6.1 cluster (2 machines, identical settings, on an AD domain), and have the Web Services, and Web Client packs installed.
I can login to the web UI fine, and browse the few images I've imported as a test, but if I select an image(s) and click the Download link at the top, I get the File Transfer applet, tell it where to save the files to, and set it going. However, it is unable to send the files to me. The error returned is "img_1100.jpg: An internal Server error occurred during file transfer. Operation Aborted".
I suspect its a permissions problem somewhere along the lines, as I can see the radXXXX directory be created on the server, with a subdirectory of '0', and then the image file (complete) within there. I've attempted to set permissions as loosely as possible, both within Windows, and on the IIS side of things.
If I try this with the Mediabin Client on the server, I can fetch the file without any problems.
Any ideas what I may have missed, what is staring me in the face?
Thanks for your help
James Swallow
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Did you configure IIS to allow ISAPI. This must be enabled when using the file transfer applet.
Under the Web Service Extensions you need to allow ISAPI and point it to the webclient\scripts\ImageServer.dll
JamesSwallow
I think this was more to do with UNC path permissions than with the ISAPI setup (though I've disabled the applet, I don't believe anyone uses it). Testing locally on the server (where applets are blocked) showed the system working, up until retrieving the asset.
I updated the global.asa file to put the assets on the local disk, instead of via a UNC path, and suddenly it works.
I'll query with those that make decisions as to whether having the applet is necessary (most retrievals are done via Teamsite) and fix that if needed.
Thanks for your help.