Hello-Is there are way to dynamically display DCRs in a component? For instance, when building a page about "boats", i want to select a specific article in the "boats" category, and also drop in a component that will randomly select a DCR of another type which is also in the "boats" category.I think i can use taxonomies for this (from the livesite user guide):When you publish content, you can tag it with a type and categories (or more depending on your custom taxonomies). Your SitePublisher components can then retrieve the content dynamically by creating queries (for example, all content with the content type image sorted by the most resent first).How is this done in the content XML for the component? I can't find any documentation on the developer side for this...
Livesite Developer's Guide
For dynamically display of DCT content into a component you need to write custom java code for this. There is an example given in Livesite Developer's Guide of FAQ Entry Data type.I suggest go through this example, it will help you to find solution.
Hi Faizi-I understand that this must be done through an external java object, but i don't understand why i must create a new data type.Perhaps I don't understand the data model. Does sitepublisher store content in a database in addition to what is stored in the teamsite datastore? Why can't I access the DCRs the same way teamsite does, say, when you use a DCR datatype in a component?