Hi
We trying to configure the OOTB “Publish LiveSite Content.ipm”& “Configurable_Default_Submit.ipm” (using WFM)Please guide me where should I Configure Source and Destination path for OD deployment
ThanksVin
Hi We trying to configure the OOTB “Publish LiveSite Content.ipm”& “Configurable_Default_Submit.ipm” (using WFM)Please guide me where should I Configure Source and Destination path for OD deployment ThanksVin
odbase.xml
Publish LiveSite Content Workflow
Configurable_Default_Submit"
od-home/conf
can "Publish LiveSite Content.ipm" be used for OD deployment?
It is already doing OD as well as DD deployment. What do you want to do please elaborate in detail.
I want to use "Publish LiveSite Content" workflow to do OD deployment for certain files to publish these files from CMS to our application server(not livesite runtime). could you please tell me how to implement it? Thanks.
Publish Livesite Content
URL Task
Deploy Task
odDeploymentName
You need to customize the Publish Livesite Content workflow. In this workflow deployment performed by URL Task. For file system deployment replace this task by Deploy Task and pass the deployment configuration file name with variable odDeploymentName only, rest of the name value pair variables are optional. Deployment config file should be located at od-home/conf folder.Hope this helps.
But you said we can do OD deployment with "Publish Livesite Content" workflow. So, is it neccessary to customize it if we only deploy simply?
Yes it is necessary to customize the "Publish LiveSite Content" workflow to perform normal (file system) deployment.
Why? I found "Publish LiveSite Content" workflow can default deploy files to livesite runtime which are installed on application server, so I guess there is some configuration we can update to change the target server.
OpenDeployWebRoot.xml
od-home/conf/LiveSite
livesite_customer
A better suggestion would be to copy-and-modify the existing WFM so that your custom copy has the changes in it. Whether you want to change the existing deployment task or add a second deployment task probably remains to be determined - but I think adding a second deployment task is "safer" - at least to begin with.