What I'm trying to figure out is how to reference a replicant in my .js so that I can pass in the index of it to a function.In this example, I want to get the index of the modified replicant so that I can pull data from the "Upload_Folder_name" field. But as you can see, all I have preceding it is /Price_Summaries/Price_Summaries.I need to have some kind of Price_Summaries.But I dont' know how to find x.[html]function move_attachment() {// Get value from date fieldvar uploadFolderName = IWDatacapture.getItem("/Price_Summaries/Price_Summaries/Upload_Folder_Name");[/html]Any ideas come to mind? Anyone have any example code by chance?Thanks!
Here's the chain of events.[html]IWEventRegistry.addFormHandler("onSaveValid", execute_on_valid_save);...function execute_on_valid_save(){ move_attachment(); ... return true;}[/html]
Question is, what is the criteria of "the modified replicant"? In other words, how can you determine onSaveValid that something has been modified?
That's the frustration.They'll have a long DCR that they will be adding/editing items in, and I wasn't 100% sure how to go through there and look for one that was different.But yeah, you're right, unless there was a custom "update" button on the replicant, there's just really no way to figure out which one they edited.I'll take it back to the client and see if they'd be ok with a custom button when doing the editing.If not, your suggestion should do the trick. While it's a long way to go for a solution, it would be effective.Thanks for your time on this.