Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
FormAPI
Smeeta
How would you populate a dropdown that is a replicant with a list of options using FormAPI?
I can populate a drop down with options that is NOT a replicant using FormAPI. This piece works fine however I am facing challenges populating a drop down that is a replicant using FormAPI. I can't see any examples in the FormAPI documentation either.
Can somebody please help me?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Do you mean a <select> instance that is inside a <replicant>? If so, the main thing is to make sure when creating the item object, you refer to the <select> using the proper notation. See the help on your TS server at
http://localhost/iw/help/tst/FormAPI/formapi_9.html#SEC9
bw
Bob Walden [bob.walden@interwoven.com]
Interwoven Education Group
IM: Yahoo, MSN bob_walden
Smeeta
What I need to do is populate a <select> instance that is a replicant with data from the database on a ItemChange of some other item in the DCT using FormAPI.
I am able to get this working if I specify the index of the select instance of the replicant item that I need to load. However since this item is a replicant hardcoding the index in my code will only load the data for the replicant item whose index I have specified. It will ignore all the other replicant <select> instances that the user has added to the DCT by clicking on + button.
Is there a way for me to find out all the replicant instances of the <select> instance on my DCT or the max index of that <select> instance on my DCT using FormAPI so that I can loop though it and load all the replicant instances with the appropriate data.
Migrateduser
Could you please post the dct and maybe the expected dcr data so we have a better idea of what the problem is. Also keep in mind that if all you are looking for is a change in the replicant say like the addition or deletion of a replicant item) then the on item change for the replicant (not the individual children):
[link]
http://localhost/iw/help/tst/FormAPI/formapi_6.html#SEC6[/link]