Hello I'm encountering a very strange problem on a custom command for FileSite.I've written a class in C#, implementing interface ICommandImpl, and set the appropriate registry key to add this class as a FileSite command in the FileSite menu.Basically, the problem is that the code that is in the execute part of the class is not called when actionning the command.I know that because I've added log information in the constructor, initialize and execute methods of that class, and I can see that both constructor and initialize methods are successfully run, but the code in the execute method is never called.What is even more weird is that it is perfectly working on some environment (filesite 8.2 sp1p4 with outlook 2007), I mean in this case the execute part is correctly called.However in another environment (outlook 2003 + Filesite 8.2, unknown subversion), it's not working, that is to say, initialize and constructor of the ICommand are called, but the code in execute method is not called.Is there any reason why the execution of the code in the execute method of a custom ICommand might be blocked ? What could cause this behavior ?Just to mention, there is no code in the Update method (but that doesn't change anything I guess), and I don't think there's any exception raised in any of initialize or constructor methods.any idea on what could cause this error ?What could I do to investigate the possible reason of this problem ?Any help will be highly appreciated.Thanks a lot in advance.Etienne
HelloI have tried everything I could, and I am still not able to get what the problem is, I'm getting desperate.Is there any reason why the execute method might be blocked ? Especially might that be because of a configuration issue ?Here is the actual problem I'm having, I need to add a new functionnality to an existing project, which is composed of 2 ICommands implementation, with quite a lot of code in it (windows form, third-party DB connection etc..).Unfortunately, I have no testing environment, but the code I needed to add is very simple. So I just added the code, re-built the whole project and the setup, and deployed it. And the problem just appeared without no obvious reasons. When clicking on the command, nothing happens. So, I added many log information at various location to exacltly see what's happening.From this log, I am now sure that :- the icommand used is the correct one because all log information I added are there.- the methods initialize and update of the ICommand are correctly called, and there is no exception nor errors thrown in any of these methods.- The execute is not called at all (it's not an error in the execute command, it's simply that the code is not called).- it works fine on most systems (execute is called properly).- It just doesn't work on the system on which I need to deploy that new project. I can't unfortuntely debug on this machine - If I install the original setup compiled with the project on which I am working, it works fine, even on the system on which the setup I generate doesn't work (so this system is actually able to execute some ICommand).The only difference I can notice is project was compiled on different environment.But apart from that, everything sounds just fine. If there was any exception or error, they would be logged. Here I have nothing. Just the execute method that is not called.Can it have something to do with .NET security or dll registration ? I would say no because otherwise, the code in update and initialize would not be called either. What sounds mysterious to me is how the initialize and update methods can be executed properly, and not the execute method.Any help would be highly appreciated. I'm out of ideas for testing. Next move would be to install Visual studio or something to let me debug on the specific system.For information, the system on which the execute doesn't work has filesite 8.2.552 installed, with Outlook 11.6568.6568.Many thanks in advance
I could send the project, but not sure you can reproduce the problem with it, since it works perfectly on most system I've tried it.I have some more tests I can perform I think, I'll try to install the old setup (that works fine) and manually replace the dll with the newer one and see if the problem still occurs.Could it be some kind of linking problem ?like if I'm calling some dll in the execute method, and these dll are not found or not registered, if that's the case, can that cause the cancel of all code contained in the execute ? That would surprise me, but with computers I'm never sure of anything.many thanks for replying.