Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Extending Desktop UI
jolmstead
I am trying to add a function to the RM Desktop app. I have followed the SDK instructions but something seems to be missing. How do I make my DLL available to the application?
I can get the function to appear in the UI but selecting it does nothing. I get a couple of errors when the application loads:
"Command handler assembly with the {0} namespace cannot be located."
"Command handler assembly namespace younts.recordsmanager.desktopextensions.CustomCommand cannot be recognized."
These of course lead me to believe that the app can't find the DLL I created. I have put it into the app's runtime directory. Is this the correct place?
Here is my configmenu.xml entry:
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi jolmstead, your custom assembly must be installed in the Global Assembly Cache for the RM components to find it. Most of the RM assemblies are also there, and the .NET runtime does not provide a good way for us to load assemblies from another location dynamically (so that the install folder would not be hardcoded).
I believe there are standard .net configuration file mechanisms that will tell our application or all applications to add a folder to the set of locations searched when a new assembly is loaded. But I think GAC installation will be much simpler and more easily applied to all machines using the extension.
jolmstead
Thanks, Tim.