I have designed DCTs.
I am faced with an issue that how does this work on web for business users ?
1)
www.grfood.com, this is website name which surfers use to read contents.
2)
www.grfood.com/?showzone , this is the web addresss used by business users to modify content. For every heading, there is a separate template and on every heading there is "edit" button. If business user clicks on the "edit" button, it opens up the DCR (I am not sure, its a new form entry or existing DCR. It looks like existing DCR because all the content under the area on website is shown in this DCR). Business user can modify the content and "finish".
I believe for the business user next step will be to publish this content using WF, which will replace the existing content with new content.
Are "
www.grfood.com" and "
www.grfood.com/?showzone" two completely different websites ? If not, then how does "edit" button appear when I use
www..../?showzone ?
3) How can "
www.grfood.com/?showzone" be linked to DCR when "edit" is clicked ?
4) Once edited DCR is submitted with "publish" workflow, ww.grfood.com is updated with new content. How does the new content replace existing content in "
www.grfood.com/?showzone" and be ready for next "edit" ?
5) If its all one website, does it mean that a web surfer can also access this "/?showzone" ? If not, then how to control access to this folder ? When I use "
www.grfood.com/?showzone" , I just logon to the edit page. There is no requirement of username, password.
6) Is "? "and "showzone" combination as "?showzone" , a standard way of editing or is this something custom ? I mean can you use "/showzone" or
"/?displayzone" or anything else ?
This is confusing me. Pls answer with details if possible.
thanks.