Hi,I'm trying to start up a discussion topic on the pro's and con's of xsl pt's vs. tpl pt's, specially in the real-life/day2day/technical/developer scenarios.The obvious pro's of xsl are clear:- open vs. propriety standard- support for non-root usage- support for non-os users
But what about:
Another thing is that IWOV can no longer support perl TPLs as Jon **** is gone for some time now
I'm not sure that "can no longer support" is accurate. Yes, Jon did a fantastic job creating this stuff - but it certainly would be possible for another developer to continue the effort - the issue appears to be one of IWOV no longer wants to support Perl TPLS - as they seem overzealous in trying to say that they "don't use Perl" - and the Perl TPLS won't work [right?] for Non-OS Users.You & I (and a number of other folks here) would love to see Perl maintained and supported within TeamSite - but that doesn't seem to be the trend, so ultimately we may have to switch to using XSLT.There's an extension called BSFPerl that is supposed to allow you to incorporate Perl code into XSLT (in the same way that you can incorporate Java code I believe) - but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.If anyone has experience with this (or similar) - please chime in.
Well in that case: why don't Iwov just GPL the code? :-)
Can somebody share some XSL files along with the DCT's used. If possible equivalent TPL's for the same XSL files.I am novice to XSL presentaion and need your help to scale up ASAP.Appreciate alot.
-ve for xslt based PT:There seems to be no way to generate multiple files from a single DCR using xslt based PT.