Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Getting or Downloading an Asset - needs to keep MediaBin edits on metadata
System
Hello-
We are adding lots of metadata to assets, both in the Adobe Bridge as well as in MediaBin 4.6.2 itself. We want all metadata, no matter when or where it was added, to come in and out of MediaBin for every type of asset.
In tests it seems that while the values are set in MB, when I do a Get the resulting image does not have the metadata values - they are blank when viewed as properties in Windows Image Viewer. For example "Keywords" is blank, though it contains values in MediaBin. The values were set using Adobe Bridge prior to ingesting the asset into MB.
How do I set metadata that will persist on an image?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msrinivas
Are you able to see the values set in Adobe Bridge in MediaBin when the asset is ingested?
result.xlsx
CalvinFold
I know from my experiences trying to edit metadata on the Mac outside Adobe's own applications (like with AppleScript and EXIF) that Adobe doesn't honor those external edits.
It has to do with the way Adobe stores metadata "twice," basically (as IPTC and XMP) and most external edits only edit the more obvious instance (IPTC) and Adobe favors it's own XMP metadata. It's a bit technical:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/xmp/
I was trying to add metadata to assets before ingestion that sync with metadata fields in MediaBin. But it kept not transferring until I realized that the minute I re-saved the Photoshop my inserted metadata (IPTC) vanished (over-written or "corrected" based on the XMP). Annoying as heck, I gave up for now.
Interwoven would have to be sure to write to both the IPTC and XMP to make sure the metadata survived. I'm betting it only edits IPTC metadata.
lyman
Please be more specific about file types. For example we do not currently persist edits in PDF files, but in, as an example, PSD, Tiff, JPEG, etc., there should be no problem.
Believe me, MB has made us "experts" on keeping IPTC and XMP in sync :-).
One quick test would be to open the document whose metadata you want to preserve in Photoshop. They give an "Advanced" option in their File Info windows that says explicitly what is in the XMP data.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
ChangeSeriesVisibilityOptions.rptdesign
Migrateduser
We are editing DNG files. THese files are coming from the photographers and we want them to enter product information (PIN numbers) into the photos. We need these to persists as the photo is used or as it is transformed from DNG to TIF, JPEG...
Is there a need to make the change in Adobe, and then run a script as part of th ingest that would write it to both fields (XMP, IPTC)? Or since I make the change in an Adobe product, it will keep it in MB without any further processing?
I would test my self but I do not have the Adobe SW on my system.
Chart_Visibility_Problem.rptdesign