Hello all ,in my TPL i am trying to fetch the current branch name,can i use __VALUE__('iw_branch') with in the to get this .I have tried it and i am getting an generation error. Am i missing sumthing basic .Thank you all for your inputs.
also, any perl TPL functions thet get you an object from a workarea (ofile or dcr name) will also provide you with a path that you can use to find workarea name.
You need to be careful with the assumption, it will bite you. if I use -ofile y:/default/main/.../foo.html then when I get ofile in the TPL I have the complete list. That is how the preview/generate buttons behave from the GUI.However, if you are debugging a TPL and cd into the workarea and then use -ofile ./foo.html you will get ./foo.html in your TPL which will break your regex.
'while true, one needs to know (always) WHAT they are doing, so it's YOU who is debugging, so YOU should know what path to use, because your TPL *in most (99.99%) cases* will be used in the context that I described.
Read some of the other posts in DevNet and then reconsider your statement. :-)
OK, let me translate to English for you. I know that, you know that, Adam & Bo know that as well. But a lot of people on this list don't know that.
Also, you probably would agree that those who use iwpt_compile in debug mode WILL know what to pass. N'est pas? ))
I think it is "... SHOULD know what to pass." because, unfortunately, it isn't always the case.
If not, we end up with buggy scripts, etc.