Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Spaces in path a browser issue?
TeamSite_Smasher
TS 6.7.2
W2k3 Servers
Ok, believe me i know that its not good to use actual spaces in the path or URI of documents and files. I try to preach hyphes everyday.
BUT some still do which i have no control over.
On our INTRANET, some of our contributors have links to files such as:
file:\\P:\Applications\Production%20Reports\PM\CSAll.xls
I am using IE8 and another on IE7....
what i am finding is that when you hover over the link it adds "25" to the URI...
example: P:\Applications\Production%2520Reports\PM\CSAll.xls
BUT when you click on the link, the browser takes you to:
example: P:\Applications\Production%20Reports\PM\CSAll.xls
without the "25" in there...????
is this a browser issue?
to continue.
i took the "%20" out of the hyperlink in Teamsite in the visual editor.
switched from code to visual view, and back the %20 is added back to the URI. how do i eliminate this %20 from automaticlly getting added to the URI?
becuase the windows servers are not recognizing %20 in the file name, thus displays an error...
anyone?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Ugan
I think this is browser issue, controlling the spaces, I believe you might have to try the same in Mozilla 2 and see how it controls.
new_report_10.rptdesign