Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Creating http link to the latest version?
csharp
Hi,
I have understood that it is possible to link to FileSite documents like this:
http://webserver/WorkSite/scripts/ViewDoc.aspx?nrtid=!nrtdms:0:!session:filesiteserver:!database:LIVE:!document:3099798,1:&latest=1&command=ok
This however, will open version 1 of the document. Replacing the ",1" after the document number will make it open the corresponding version.
What I would like to know, is if there is a way to make the link always open the latest version of the specified document number?
Any help appreciated!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
the latest=1 should open the latest version - Is this not working for you?
Thanks
Sheetal
www.docstree.com
csharp
No, apparently the latest=1 parameter works for getDoc.aspx only, not viewDoc.aspx...
We are on version 8.2, and as far as I've heard this is not supported until 8.5
Migrateduser
You can write a small HTTPHandler which can mimic the logic of getdocs.aspx for viewdocs.aspx -
csharp
Yes, I am aware of that and actually tried to do it too, but I think my code messed up something even though I have no idea why, but the result was that the viewDoc.aspx kept prompting me for a user name and password (the Windows authentication box) and no matter what I entered it refused to log me in...
To resolve it, I tried removing my DLL from the \bin directory and deleting the http-handler entry I had added to the web.config file, but the problem persisted :-(
I had to seek assistance from a more experienced developer to have the problem rectified, and he also had no idea why this problem had occured, but solved it by reinstalling the Worksite Web.
So now I am a bit afraid to mess with anything, in case I'll break someting again.....