Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OnSaveValid Question
frbcraig
If I have a a form handler for the OnSaveValid event and I'm capturing an error on the form in the handler (certain fields contain invalid data) - I want to alert the user and stop the save process. I then want the user to be able to make the modification and be able to click on the finish button to save the form again. Currently, I'm able to alert the user and I'm returning false from the handler - the save process is ceasing, but the user isn't able to click on the finish button from that point on - clicking on Finish does nothing after this. How do I handle the resetting of the form so that it will stop the save process, allow the user to make corrections and click on Finish again?
I've searched the forum and have found nothing pertaining to this.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nraval
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums_vb/showthread.php?t=27770&forumid=13&highlight=OnSaveValid
this may help you
frbcraig
We're currently on TS 6.7.2 SP 2 - does the onSaveValid bug referenced in thread exist in 6.7.2 SP2?
CRB
it supposed to have been fix for DCT along before 672 sp2. the fixed bug related to this mentioned in 672 sp2 rn is 73662 "The onSaveValid event does not work in the workflow instantiation screen."
frbcraig
This issue was a result of me not taking into account one condition and, thus, not returning anything from the onsavevalid handler in one case. Once I corrected this and am now returning true or false for all conditions, TS is working as expected. Chalk this one up to programmer error.
Thanks all for your comments and direction!