With the launch of the new My Support Portal, we replaced the identity management system behind the OpenText Connect authentication tool with OpenText™ Identity and Access Management (IAM) as your single-entry point to OpenText developer and OpenText support resources.

For our Developer Trial users, if you experience any issues signing in to the Developer site or our Developer console, please refer to these articles.

Site Update - Improved Community Following and Notification Preferences

Karen Weir
Karen Weir ModeratorE admin
edited February 24 in Announcements #1

New and Improved Category Following and notification preference settings!

We strive to continuously improve your community experience, giving our developers the ease-of-use and personalization needed to connect with experts.

What's New?

We updated the category following feature, including a simple way to follow a category, improved options for notifications, as well as quick access to your list of followed categories.

New visual indicator:

The new bell icon will appear when you have clicked into a category.

New notification functions in the Follow feature, including:

• Follow on my homepage
    • This refines your list of categories to only display the ones you are interested in (no email notifications).
  • Discussions
    • Notifies you of all new discussions posted
  • Discussions and Comments
    • As the title suggests, you will be notified of all new posts and comments added to all new & existing posts within the category.
  • Unfollow
    • Removes this category from your My Followed Category List, and disables the notification

Simplified Notification Preferences:

Click on the bell icon in the site header, then select the configuration icon as highlighted above.

In the Notification Preferences page, you will see a list of categories that you chose to follow. In here, you can choose to receive email notifications and/or popups that appear when signed into the community.

NOTE:

For community members that have followed categories in the past, and/or have set notification preferences - all of your settings will remain.

Additional Quick Links to personalize your experience:

We added Quick Links to make it easier to find what you have followed.

My Followed Discussions

• This is a list of all recent discussions in categories that you follow.
  • To change your view, simply click All Recent Discussions

My Followed Categories

• This is a list of categories that you have chosen to follow.
  • To change your view, simply click All Categories.

See it in action!

Have an idea to improve the Developer site experience?

Click here to post your idea today!