Site Update - Improved Community Following and Notification Preferences
New and Improved Category Following and notification preference settings!
We strive to continuously improve your community experience, giving our developers the ease-of-use and personalization needed to connect with experts.
We updated the category following feature, including a simple way to follow a category, improved options for notifications, as well as quick access to your list of followed categories.
New visual indicator:
The new bell icon will appear when you have clicked into a category.
New notification functions in the Follow feature, including:
- Follow on my homepage
- This refines your list of categories to only display the ones you are interested in (no email notifications).
- Notifies you of all new discussions posted
- Discussions and Comments
- As the title suggests, you will be notified of all new posts and comments added to all new & existing posts within the category.
- Removes this category from your My Followed Category List, and disables the notification
Simplified Notification Preferences:
Click on the bell icon in the site header, then select the configuration icon as highlighted above.
In the Notification Preferences page, you will see a list of categories that you chose to follow. In here, you can choose to receive email notifications and/or popups that appear when signed into the community.
For community members that have followed categories in the past, and/or have set notification preferences - all of your settings will remain.
Additional Quick Links to personalize your experience:
We added Quick Links to make it easier to find what you have followed.
My Followed Discussions
- This is a list of all recent discussions in categories that you follow.
- To change your view, simply click All Recent Discussions
My Followed Categories
- This is a list of categories that you have chosen to follow.
- To change your view, simply click All Categories.
See it in action!
Have an idea to improve the Developer site experience?
Click here to post your idea today!