Can we generate MS word document using Presentation template like we generate html out put file.Can you please help me if any one have idea on this Thanks,Padma.
Thank fro the quick response.I think your are referencing the temaplaing.cfg extension configuration .Yes but inside the TPL file we need to have some tags which we can format the content of the output document like html tags right. Ex: If we want to bold some text in generating doc Do any one have an idea on that Thanks,Padma.
If you just specify the output file name as XXXX.doc, it will generate a .doc file
That's incorrect. This way you just create an ASCII File with the 'doc' Extension, in the MS Office vocabulary "Plain Text format".Yes, MS Word can read it, so what?As far as I know, TS Perl distribution does not contain any MS Word modules. You can try to use generic Win32:le to manipulate Word Application (you'll need Word installed on the node where you run that) or alternatively go to CPAN and check if ypou can find/install MS Office Modules from there.Note that there are OTB TS Perl Modules for MS Excel. Browse "iwhome/iw-perl/vendor/lib/Spreadsheet/WriteExcel/doc/index.html"for some documentation, samples, etc...
Boris,MS-Word can read both binary and this ASCII file too. And as I already mentioned I tried it just for simple text. For formatting features though, he'd have to look out for some module and experiment, as you correctly pointed out.