Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
odnodes.xml
shahzamaj
1) Is it required to have odnodes.xml on the base server or is it optional ?
2) Can we configure the nodes in deployment configuration only , rather than in the odnodes.xml ? I could not understand from manual.
3) If I have odnodes.xml configured for 4 servers, then every deployment originationg from base server will be deployed to these 4 servers, right ? If I dont want some deployments not to be deployed on 2 servers, how can I make sure about this ? Wont it happen that every deployment will go to the servers configured in odnodes.xml ?
thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ISCBorisB
Q. Is it required to have odnodes.xml on the base server or is it optional?
A. It is mandatory.
Q. Can we configure the nodes in deployment configuration only, rather than in the odnodes.xml?
A. No, see above
Q. If I have odnodes.xml configured for 4 servers, then every deployment [...] will be deployed to these 4 servers, right?
A. Wrong. You
do not
Deploy to Nodes. Rather, you Deploy to Target replication Farms that are built out of Nodes.
You can define any number of replication Farms within both odnodes.xml and Deployment Configuration itself. Then you
can use internal replication Farm Name in the target Tag and "external" Sub-Tag of the "replicationFarmLink" Tag to
reference a Farm from odnodes. Thus your Deployments can be configured to Deploy to any permutation of available Targets.