Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
SitePublisher and Include files
System
I am looking for a Use Case in which someone has used SSIs in a component and was able to render the include file during the page building process in SitePublisher. I am using components that have include files but when I am building a page using the component I don't see anything when I add the component to the page. Even when I preview the page there are still no results. However, when I generate the html page from the .page file I then see the results of the include file as expected. We have enabled SSI on the Apache server, however that doesn't do anything as far as the component itself in this situation. Any kind of use cases or workaround suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
vpatel
What does your runtime look like? Are you using LS or are you generating static HTMLs/JSPs/ASPs??
Migrateduser
Unfortunately we are not using LS Runtime environment. The is strictly a static html site. No JSP/ASP.
SolutionPage_Prince.rptdesign
NeedsPage_Prince.rptdesign
CoverPage_Prince.rptdesign
vpatel
I do not believe LS (& SP Preview as well) supports SSIs. However, in you case you could have SSIs in the generated .html files. When you preview your .html files against your web server it should work fine.
Alternatively, you could have your SP component behave differently in preview mode vs generate mode. So in preview mode, you do NOT do SSI instead output the actual HTML from the included file. In the generate mode, just output necessary tag(s) for SSI.
Migrateduser
That sounds like a good solution...but how do I do that. How do I output the include file in Preview Mode and in Generate Mode just output the include tag? Could you give me an example?
TestReport_example2.rptdesign
report-BIRT2.pdf
report-BIRT4.pdf
vpatel
You'll have to try this on your own and if you run into issues then post it on here. Search the forums and you'll find some of my old posts on how to do part of this.
Migrateduser
Okay...thanks for your help. I will search the forum for some of your old post.