I think this is an easy question.
Linux
OD 6.1.1
I have a deployment that updates two tables called CR_Content and CR_Blob. The first table has metadata and the second table simple has two columns which are the path and CLOB (contents of files of the files I am deploying).
Most of the time the deployment works fine. However if the Metadata is not set correctly on a file then sometimes the CR_Blob is updated when the update/insert to the CR_Content table fails. Event after the metadata is fixed then the next and future deployments fail because of a PK violation on the CR_Blob table.
How can I fix this? I have asked myself these questions.
1. Are my PK and FK correct on the tables and my DD config file?
2. Should I separate this deployment into two different deployments?
3. Should I make the CR_Blob group the root group rather than the CR_Content?
4. Is there a setting that says "don't continue if the root-group update fails.
[HTML]
global="yes"/>
[/HTML]