Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to create variable workflow and task names?
System
Hi DevNetters -
When writing a .wft workflow, is there a way I can assign a variable as part of the workflow name or task names?
I pull the branch name into the ${UpperBranchName} variable at the top of the workflow and then would like to have that variable become part of the name of the workflow and the workflow tasks.
Here's what DOESN'T work:
externaltask name="${UpperBranchName}DevelopmentEmailAuthorAssign"
Ideas on what would? I know I could create an .ipl that dynamically creates a workflow each time, but I'd like to explore simpler options first.
TS 6.7.1 on Solaris.
TIA -
Wally Box
Nike, Inc.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Something like:
[html]
__INSERT__("
");
[/html]
Adam Stoller
Are you writing the WFT using TeamSite::WFconstructor (OOPerl) or as XML/Perl hybrid?
It's a lot easier (IMO) to use the WFconstructor.