Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Time Deployment not completing after reboot
SethHickel
I've not had the opportunity to capture specific situations but my users are reporting that when I have our production server re-booted for maintenance or patch application scheduled time deployments do not complete AND the jobs are no longer viewable in the Workflow tab. Is this normal behavior on a re-boot?
Again, I've not seen this behavior myself. The next time I have maintenance or patch application I'll set up a test.
Any insight into the level of normalcy of this and, if not normal, solutions would be very much appreciated.
Seth
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
did you reboot during a deployment or between scheduled ones ?
If it was between I can understand. The receiver may *think* it is still going and will not accept a new one.
SethHickel
It is possible that the re-boot occurred very near or at the time of a scheduled deployment. I don't normally track when my users schedule time deployments but will ask them not to schedule around my normal back-up, maintenance, re-boot window.
Should I assume that under normal circumstances a re-boot should not affect scheduled time deployments? As an example: My users schedule a time deployment for 12:01 am on a Monday and they created that time deployment sometime earlier in the week. On Saturday night at 11:59 PM I freeze my stores, back-up, do OS patch application, re-boot, and unfreeze. My users' Monday AM scheduled time deployment should be OK. Correct?
Again, thank you.
nipper
Reboots *should* not affect the deployment schedule. That being said, One circumstance that I can think of that can hose it is if you have deployments defined as serial (not using -inst) and the reboot happens in the middle of a deployment, it can hang the receiver, which will not accept new connections.
If you can log on the receiver then you can see if there is a deployment "in process". You may need to bounce the OD receiver to clean it up.
image1.png
SethHickel
Thanks. Good and useful information.
image2.png