Set default home page for /home/ORG/app/start/web/

Hello,

Please point me to documentation or steps on how to change the default home page when using this url where ORG is the tenant:

Right now it opens up to the Home Page (below). We need to have it open to a different created Home Page. I've already tried in various layout security in /app/admin/web/config with no luck. Thank you.

Comments

• @roglor , Below are ways to achieve this.

• Every homepage have a unique URL and you can use it open the specific home page.
    • You can disable the default homepages for all the roles in /app/admin/ and with this the homepages created in the application are only available. One of the Homepage will be loaded by default from the homepages created in your application. If you want to load a specific homepage you need to use the unique URL.
  • I understand that you can disable home pages in /app/admin but if a user has multiple roles and multiple permissions to home pages, there doesn't seem to be a way to choose what the default home page would be when using this url - https://[domain]/home/[organization]/app/start/web

What about in an email template? We've included a link in the template to view an item detail page like this:

{AppWorksBaseURL}app/start/web/item/{item.Identity.ItemId}/005056a54807a1eab883c566aaae5555

This part "005056a54807a1eab883c566aaae5555"is the layoutid of the particular Home Page that we want the end user to land on - .

However, when they click this link from the email, the top banner display "Select Home Page" instead of the intended home page.

From a List on the intended home page, you can compare what that gives you when clicking on an item in the List:

{AppWorksBaseURL}/home/[organization]/app/start/web/item/005056a54807a1e9b542f8952888888.3932161/005056a54807a1eab883c566aaae5555/4601c39890673568886ca4e8204b9999

But still if I use this exact link in the email template, the business user clicks on it, the top banner still displays "Select Home Page"

Is there any documentation that explains the different ways we can open an item in context to where we want it to appear?

Thanks for any assistance.

• This question is still outstanding. We are using AppWorks 16.7.3.

• @Lori Dingman, We have plans to set the default Homepage as part of our roadmap. This is not available as of now.

For item opened as a URL, we show the last used Hompage as the Homepage and in the breadcrumb when we open an entity item using the URL directly or from an Email, as we can't idnetify the owner Hompage from the item URL. We have enhanced this in 23.3 release to provide Homepage details as a URL parameter when you open an URL from Email.