Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Page linking | Dynamic DCR loading
PayalGarg
Hi All,
I'm facing some issue in page linking.
In my first page, I've a component that displays a list of urls. Upon clicking these urls, I need to open another page that should load the DCR depending upon the url clicked. For example, if url says "David", then this url should take me to another page,that loads David's contact details, from a DCR called "David.xml".
Any help on this would be appreciated....
Thanks a lot
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
vpatel
Very high level approach should be something like this:
1. Create a .page file -- i.e. contact-detail.page (for this example we'll use that).
2. On contact-detail.page, have a component which will extract query string parameter and grab the appropriate DCR. This component will probably require a Java External to retrieve the DCR based on the query string parameters.
3. On your first page (we'll call it "contact-listing.page"), when you create your URLs, it'll something like this: $PAGE_LINK[contact-detail]dcr=path/to/dcr.xml. You can also use IDs or other mechanism if you dont want to expose DCR Path.
I would also suggest that if you have not reviewed the SP dev guide then please do.
HTH!
PayalGarg
Thanks a lot for your reply... This was indeed very helpful.
~Payal