Webtop 16.7.8 upgrade search60 issue

Options

Dear Experts,

I am facing strange issue in webtop 16.7.8 Search60, as we have customised Search60 of webtop to be used in all the search functionality of the our application, but while upgrading to webtop 16.7.8 found a very strange code in the com.documentum.webtop.webcomponent.search.Search60 as shown below,

Locale locale = LocaleService.getLocale();

NlsResourceBundle nlsResourceBundle = new NlsResourceBundle("ESAPI");

String regex = nlsResourceBundle.getString("Validator.TAG", locale);

if (!str.matches(regex)) {

throw new WrapperRuntimeException("Search text contains an invalid character");

}

here Validator.TAG=[^<>]+

so in any search query we should not have '<' or '>' signs into it, how is this possible there are lot of queries which uses greater than or lower than sings in it.

Can you please help what should be the workaround to make sure search functionality works fine.

Tagged:

Comments

• that is the limitation since the Security patch update from this version of Webtop to align with the NON-support of using those characters while passing plain queries with those chars and not supported anymore in your such a use case.

• If you are not willing to write your custom search AND are ok supporting your own customizations, you can always decompile the relevant class and insert your own business logic. We had to do this once (a long time ago), since the taglib wasnt supporting our use case. Keep in mind, anytime you choose to patch/upgrade, you have to make sure you custom class doesnt get overwritten.

• Hi,

Search60 class is working fine with the 16.4 webtop , where as Search60 class is going to take long time while search or advance search in 16.7.9 version of search and the serch is taking long time and going to infinete loop, can you please help me out on this ?

• Hi,

Yes would love to help you, just let me how you customized the search60 in your project.