I am planning to move my target receiver from OD6.0 to OD6.2.0.My preferred option is to remove (backup) the folders under /opt/iw-home/OpendeployNG on pre-install of OD6.2.0and perform installation and then copy the old <od-home>/etc and <od-home>/conf files to newly installed directory.Does my approach work or will there be any hidden risk ?Note: The reason I am opting for this approach is because I am making the change in Production environment and if anything goes wrong, I will be in a postion to revert back to older version by restoring the backup files.Please pass on your comments
Generally speaking, OD upgrades (other than from 4.x to 5.x) are clean and painless - If you want to be careful (nothing wrong in that) - tar up a copy of your ODHOME/conf and ODHOME/etc directories - but just do a straight upgrade installation - don't try to remove the existing installation first.
As Ghoti stated, must upgrades from 6.0 to 6.2 are painless but there is nothing wrong with backing up data to revert. The question is are you backing up the data you need to have a success full regresion.Here is what I would do.1. Setup a test environment. Why would you take the rist of doing this in Prod?2. Verify that the OS your will upgrade in is supported. Here is the link to the matrix. If you are using other OD modules make sure those are supported too.https://support.interwoven.com/resources/products/compatibility/opendeploy.asp3. Back up your etc folder and any required customized scripts. Also your conf folder just in case.4. Upgrade. No need to delete or remove your previous version.5. New license is required since you are going from 6.0 to 6.26. With the exception of your conf (base server) files, I would update the new configuration files manually (I would not overwrite from the new config files with those from the backup).I think you are taking a risk by not doing this in a test env first.To revert,1. You will need to uninstall 6.22. Reinstall 6.03. Copy from necessary files from your back up.