Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Log4j in TeamSite
gomes
Hi,
I am using TeamSite 6.7.1 and Workflow modeler 1.0.0.1.
I am calling custom java code through external task.I want to write my custom logs in a separate log file.I kept the log4j.properties in my jar file and i ran toolkit.ipl .The log file is not updated.Where we can keep our log4j.properties and what is the procedure for this.
Thanks in advance
Gomes
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mdang
You should use the log4j.xml format, and place the file under customer_src/etc/conf/customer directory.
I think there is already one log4j.xml in that directory as an example.
--Michael
ReportEntity.java
RunAndMail.java
gomes
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Actually i tried what you have suggested.Log file is creating in a specified path.But Log messages are not updating.
Thanks
gomes
MultiselectParameterQueryMod.zip
DevIntervowen
You can find log entry in
Check iwhome/local/logs/ui/servletd_out.logs and search for your specific logs. [Are you printing log by systemout.println ? ] Also make sure that log4.xml is configured to log in debug mode.
gomes
Its working fine.Thank you...
Anurag_Ghosh
Hi,
I am facing the same problem. I followed the steps suggested by you.
1. I have put the log4j.xml in the following location:
C:\Interwoven\TeamSite\local\config\lib\content_center\customer_src\etc\conf\customer
2. ran make_toolkit.ipl.
But the build failed.I am facing the following error:
BUILD FAILED
C:\Interwoven\TeamSite\local\config\lib\content_center\reference\build.xml:: Could not validate document C:\Interwoven\TeamSite\local\config\lib\content_cente
r\customer_src\etc\conf\customer\log4j.xml.
Can any body help me out please?
vpatel
Is it a well-formed XML document? Please verify that.
Nandha_Polaris
Hi,
I am also facing the same problem.
I have installed teamsite in WindowsXP
I am using
import org.apache.commons.logging.Log;
import org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory;
package to write my log
Java code for log creationand writing
private final Log log =LogFactory.getLog(FetchOptionAndValue.class);
log.debug("ClassName ---> :"+FetchOptionAndValue.class);
I have configured the log4j.xml in customer_src and java files also resides in customer_src. I have attached my log4j.xml (xml extemsion changed to txt for uploading).
For me the log file itself is not getting created.
Please suggest - stuck for quite a long time.
Regards,
Nandha K
Adam Stoller
Hi,
I am also facing the same problem.
I have installed teamsite in WindowsXP
You might want to stop there and [re-]read the manuals, specifically the Release Notes for the version you are using (which I do not see mentioned in your post) - TeamSite (through 7.2.1) is
not
supported on WindowsXP.
DemoCenterBody.pdf