Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Cannot open non-templated files
ID_Tami
TS 6.5.1, Windows 2003
When trying to open non-templated files by clicking edit next to them I get an error.
Unexpected error
java.lank.NullPointerException-null
errors found in servletd_out.log
2009-05-05 17:29:10,923 [JMSBridge] ERROR com.interwoven.bridge100 () - Unable connect to IWOV JNDI provider.
2009-05-05 17:29:10,923 [JMSBridge] ERROR com.interwoven.bridge100 () - Msg: Failed to connect to JNDI provider
When I try to open the file from my local files it does nothing.
Any ideas are appriciated!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
JDNI errors have nothing to do with it.
Most likely it is a Java issue.
Can others ?
What rev of java is on your browser ?
Do you have an additional browser you can try ? What browser ?
TeamSite_Smasher
@nipper
i work with Tami, and also can not access any cfg. or .tpl files.
same error. i have a different version of java and browser version of IE8.
java v 6 update 10
i was able to yesterday, now today i am not.
nipper
1. I highly doubt IE8 is supported on 6.5.1. I do not even know if IE7 was.
2. Is it only IPL & CFG ? Or all files ?
3. When you say "access" what do you mean ? Click on ? Edit ? Have you tried edit with ?
4. View my local files, what do you see ?
kal30
Sorry our version of teamsite is 6.7.1. The JRE version is 1.5.0_14 for applet.
It is tpl, cfg, css, and asp file that are not associated with a template. We can open the dcr files without any issues.
We tried all the options (Edit, Edit with) but it comes back with the error.
Where should we start looking.
Thank you
MulticolumnReport_Sample.rptdesign
sample_data.png
content2.png
nipper
View local files, you may get an error. If so, then launchpad is not installed (correctly).
However I do not think 6.7.1 supported IE8. Can you try Mozilla 2 or IE 7 ?
kal30
I am trying this in IE 7.
Tried 'View local files'. I am not getting any message when I click Edit With.
How do I get a compatiable version of launch pad.
Thank you
nipper
What happened when you clicked view local file ?
Do you see the My Local Files screen ? It is shown on pages 55-56 of the CCPro user guide (671SP1)
testReportListOfCrosstab.rptdesign
nipper
I have seen posts that say if you delete C:\iwtemp launchpad will reinstall, so you can try that.
Also check your IE advanced options, make certain the Sun JRE is checked for use
kal30
I do see the 'My Local File Screen' but when I select a file and do an Edit with I do not get any message.
Thank you
nipper
do you have popups blocked ?
If you click settings, do you get the normal launpad screen ?
Sometimes the edit with windows ends up behind other apps, make certain it is not hiding
TeamSite_Smasher
i event tested on a MAC OSX, java Ver. 1.5.0_13 and same error.
chicka
i event tested on a MAC OSX, java Ver. 1.5.0_13 and same error.
Is there any error loggings in iwui/error.log or in iwui/servletdout.log?
RunningTime.rptdesign
nipper
If it is happening on multiple systems, then there is a config issue with relation to the server. Where is the server located ? Is there a router/firewall in between ?
Can you log on the server (remote desktop) and open a brower on it and try it ?