Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
WorkSite Integration - Save, Load, & Remove
Chris_at_SoftPro
WorkSite Developer,
I work for SofPro Corp and have a customer who uses both our product and Worksite. They have inquired about having us develop an integration piece with Worksite. Basically I will need to implement the following methods of an interface on our side, adding logic within them that will interact with the Worksite product.
// This function is passed an object representing a document
// then it will need to store it in the WorkSite database
public Uri SaveDocument(IDocumentStorageItem documentStorageItem);
// This function will have to retrieve the requested documents from the Worksite database
// then pass back a file stream back. (will likely have to pull the file out into a temp file)
public Stream LoadDocument(Uri docToView);
// This file will have to remove the requested document from the Worksite database
public void RemoveDocument(Uri path);
Can you please indicate if these 3 basic functions can be accomplished via a Worsite API or equivalent?
Thank you,
Chris
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
KrishnaMohan
Hi
Can you please elaborate the requirement a littele more like you wand to upload the document from where to where, from WorkSite to your application or your product to WorkSite.
Thanks
Krish
junoEclipse4.2.2.png
GanymedeEclipseHasMyJavaProject.jpg
Chris_at_SoftPro
Krish,
I will try to explain requirements for each of the three methods in more detail.
public Uri SaveDocument(IDocumentStorageItem documentStorageItem);
This method is passed a document from my application, which I will need to load/store into Worksite, and return a URI that my application will use to retrieve this document at a later time.
public Stream LoadDocument(Uri docToView);
This method is passed a URI from my application in that can be used to retrieve a document from Worksite, and then pass a Stream back to my application.
public void RemoveDocument(Uri path);
This method is passed a URI from my application in that can be used to delete that specific document from Worksite.
Basically I need to know if via some Worksite API, I can add, retrieve, and remove documents within Worksite.
Thank you,
Chris