Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
MediaBin Asset ID - Queries
rajit
Hello Everyone,
After many attempts of searching for info on MediaBin Asset IDs (in documentation and forums), I am starting this thread. I have several questions about the MediaBin Asset IDs:
1. The MediaBin Windows client doesn't seem to show the 'ID' for the assets in the properties view. Is this true or am I missing/overlooking this piece of information? Someone please indicate where it is shown.
2. If I know the path of a particular asset in MediaBin, is it possible some way to get its MediaBin Asset ID, in the TeamSite PT?
3. In TeamSite PT, is it possible to import a particular asset from MediaBin without knowing its Asset ID (with just the path of the asset in MediaBin)?
If you see, questions 2 and 3 are related. The situation is that in the TeamSite PT, I get the path of an asset through metadata of another asset. Now I want to import this new asset from MediaBin.
The only way I could find for importing assets in a PT is using 'iwov_import_mediabin()', but this has the MediaBin ID as a mandatory argument.
Any help/references about this issue is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Rajit
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rajit
Hi
Wondering if nobody has had this requirement of importing from MediaBin with just the path of the asset known.
Any thoughts on this issue will be helpful.
Regards,
Rajit
msrinivas
1. The MediaBin Windows client doesn't seem to show the 'ID' for the assets in the properties view. Is this true or am I missing/overlooking this piece of information? Someone please indicate where it is shown.
That is correct!
2. If I know the path of a particular asset in MediaBin, is it possible some way to get its MediaBin Asset ID, in the TeamSite PT?
Not OOTB. You can make a MB WebServices call to get it. I believe it is GetAssetByPath. Check the MB API guide.
3. In TeamSite PT, is it possible to import a particular asset from MediaBin without knowing its Asset ID (with just the path of the asset in MediaBin)?
Same as #2
HTH
rajit
Hi Srinivas,
Thanks for the helpful information. I wanted to avoid going the Web Services direction, but looks like there is no other alternative.
I am surprised to see the way the MediaBin Asset ID related functions are so much under-supported.
Regards,
Rajit
msrinivas
I look at it in a different way. I don't want to deal with something that looks like 936DA01F-9ABD-4d9d-80C7-02AF85C822A8 directly. I would rather makes calls and have my functions handle all that stuff.
[color=maroon]
[/color]