Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Existing files link in workflow user task
dolly1
Hi,
We are using TS 6.7.1 SP1, Solaris 10, WFM 1.0.1.0
We need to provide the functionality the user to add more files to a job from a user task window.
By default the browse window ceiling directory contains workarea path but we want to restrict the user even further. I do not want the user to select files from a particular content type in the workarea.
To elaborate further, suppose i have 3 content types "restrict_test1", "test2", "test3". If the workflow is initiated with restrict_test1 content type files then i do not want him to select dcrs from test2 and test3.
Suppose he has initiated the workflow from test2 or test3 content type DCRs then i want to allow him to select additonal files from test3 and test2 content types dcrs respectively but not from restrict_test1.
Can anyone please help me how can i restrict the same?
Thanks alot.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I don't believe that what you are asking for is possible - i.e. from the OOTB UI for a usertask.
You
might
be able to do this with a custom CGI task that you provide as an optional transition from the usertask - but then the only way to restrict them from being able to use the OOTB options is to make the usertask readonly - which might defeat some other part of the purpose of the usertask in your process.
dolly1
Hi Adam,
Thanks for the reply. i get that we can not do it.
So what I am thinking now to do: is it customize the attach file browser UI itself and on click of "Add", check if the user has attached some files which he should not then show him an error alert.
I have figured out that the JS which gets called on click of "Add" is /httpd/webapps/content_center/base/widget/hierbrowser/hierbrowser.js and function is function add_selected_to_list(). Here I can also get the files which the user is trying to attach. But what I am not able to understand is how to get the files which are already attached to the job.
I could not find the CGI which actually shows the attach file browser popup. Even if i get the CGI, I am not sure if that only will be calling this function so that I can pass the already attached files array.
One more concern is that I do not want to change the signature of function add_selected_to_list() because I am not sure from where all it would getting called and things will break.
Please help me understand how can I proceed further.
Thanks.
Adam Stoller
If you proceed along those lines you are essentially voidnig your support maintenance contract - swim at your own risk.
I think training users will be easier and less expensive...