Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Get AssetID after InsertAsset_UNC
donundeen
Hi,
After I've inserted an asset into mediabin, how do I get the new assetID, so I can add metadata?
thanks for your time
Don Undeen
Metropolitan Museum of Art
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msrinivas
You can pro'ly do GetAssetByName since you know what you named the asset as and then get mID of the asset. You might have to check for duplicates based on parent container ID.
HTH
donundeen
is that the best solution?
are asset names unique by containerID?
donundeen
sorry, I guess I was thinking/hoping there would be a way to access this information via the insert jobID.
binding.png
msrinivas
is that the best solution?
are asset names unique by containerID?
AFAIK, asset names are unique in a container.